Your basket is empty
Pebeo Setacolor Fabric Paint
- Setacolor Fabric Paint range consists of
- Pebeo Setacolor Opaque Fabric Paint:
- Available in 40 Colours that can be mixed together.
- Opaque Setacolor is a Bright, Luminous water based for painting
light or dark coloured fabrics.
- 15 Shimmer Shades
- Pebeo Setacolor Transparent Fabric Paint:
- Available in 30 Colours that can be mixed together
- Transparent Setacolor is an intense, luminous transparent water
based fabric paint suitable either paint or dye light-coloured
- Suitable for Heliographic
or Sun Painting Technique.
- Any object placed onto the painted fabric
will remove the colour from beneath it, when placed in strong
- In the absence of sunshine, an infra-red
- This method has been widely used in the
South Sea Islands for years to decorate Pareos.
- Setacolor Soliel -
Available while stock lasts
- Please note that the Pebeo Setacolor Transparent range of
Paints is suitable for Light coloured fabric material only.
Heliographic or Sun painting technique
using Transparent Pebeo Setacolor Paints
- Setacolor fabric paint Properties:
- Bright and intense fabric colours that keep your
- Thin with water. Up to 50% for Airbrushing, or
spraying with an indoor plant spray.
- Clean Brushes using soapy water and allow to dry
- Can be applied to the following fabric surfaces.
- All natural and synthetic fabric that has
been previously washed to remove any finish
- Lightweight and heavyweight fabric material
- Light or dark coloured fabric (dark coloured
fabric applies to Setacolor opaque only)
- Drying: leave to dry naturally for one hour.
Increase time for heavier weight fabrics.
- Fixing: Press for five minutes on the reverse
side of the fabric with a hot iron on cotton position.
Alternatively you can place in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at
150° C (300° F)
- Care: Once colours are fixed, fabric can be hand
or machine washed at up to 40°C (100°F) or dry-cleaned.
STEP BY STEP FABRIC
PREPARATION, COLOUR APPLICATION AND COLOUR FIXING
|Wash and iron your
fabric to remove any sizing. Prepare a stencil by copying your design onto
thick card, plastic or vinyl and cutting it out with a craft knife.
- Pebeo Setacolor Fabric Paint FAQ's
- Do I have to wash the fabric before painting?
- Yes. Washing is essential. New fabric always
has a sizing, which will prevent the colours from reaching
into the fabric fibres. Used fabric should be washed to remove
any grease which will also prevent penetration of the fabric
- Do the colours always darken slightly when they
- Yes. It is advisable to make a few tests
prior to use. When mixing colours it is advisable to store
your mixed colours in small airtight containers, as it is very
difficult to get an exact match once mixed.
- After Fixing can the fabric be washed?
- Yes: After 24 Hours from fixing you can
machine or hand wash your fabric up to 40°C (100°F). painted
fabric may also be dry cleaned.
- How can I fix paint on a lampshade?
- If ironing your painted fabric is difficult
you can either place the object in a preheated oven for 5
minutes set at 150°C (300°F) or by using a hair dryer.
- Can I dilute the shimmer colours?
- No. Shimmer colours are best left undiluted
to bring out the shimmering quality.
- Can I lighten the fabric paint?
- Yes. Use Lightener from the Pebeo Auxiliary
range of paints to obtain lighter tones without weakening or
thinning the Setacolor.
- How can I apply Setacolor fabric paints?
- Colours can be applied using a paintbrush,
sponge, roller or airbrush. To airbrush or spray using a Plant
Spray dilute the Setacolor Fabric Paint by 50%
- Is Setacolor Opaque Fabric paint suitable for
- Yes: For screen-printing add between 2 to 5%
of Setacolor Thickener to the colour you are using and stir
with a wooden stick.
- What types of Fabric can be painted with Setacolor?
- All natural or synthetic pre-washed fabrics
are suitable. Both light and heavy weight. Setacolor
Transparent is only suitable for light coloured fabrics, while
Setacolor Opaque is suitable for both dark and light coloured
- Does Setacolor fabric paint soak right through
- Transparent Setacolor will soak right through
the fabric. Ensure that you always use a plastic backing sheet
when working with Transparent Setacolor.
Pebeo Setacolor, Fabric paint
Products found in this category: 137|
Products per page
Page 1 of 14
Top Sellers in Pebeo Setacolor, Fabric paint